If you’re not sure which power company serves your home, just call and they can tell you. There are two main power companies in Maricopa County.
APS is one of the two major electric companies in the greater Phoenix area. APS generates, sells and delivers electricity and energy-related products and services. APS serves more than 900,000 customers in 11 of Arizona’s 15 counties, and is the operator and co-owner of the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station – a primary source of electricity for the Southwest.
* When turning on or transferring service, a $25 plus tax residential service activation fee will appear on your first bill.
* We may ask you to pay a deposit before turning on service.
* It’s best to provide at least three working days notice (Monday-Friday) for starting or stopping any services.
* After completing your service request, a confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail, including your APS account number or deposit account number. You may be asked to verify your request and provide additional credit information.
Turn-on where a meter exists
Requests must be received by 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to guarantee service on the next business day at the standard turn-on fee.
You don’t need to be home when we connect power if we can safely access the meter. Must have unrestricted access to the electric meter to turn service on or off. Employees cannot enter fenced yards with locked gates, and for safety reasons, they cannot enter yards with off-leash dogs.
Turn-on where a meter is needed
If you are about to move into a brand-new home in SRP’s service territory where the meter has not yet been installed, please arrange for meter install by calling Residential Customer Service (602) 236-8888 at least 15 business days before your anticipated move-in date. The advance notice is needed in case the city or county requires an electrical inspection before we can energize the meter.
Please provide the following information when you call:
* Date you want electric service to start
* Address of the home where we need to activate power
* Billing address, if different from the home address
* Social Security number and place of employment of the person whose name will be on the account, and their spouse’s name, if applicable
You don’t need to be home when we connect power if we can safely access the meter. We must have unrestricted access to the electric meter to turn service on or off. Our employees cannot enter fenced yards with locked gates, and for safety reasons, they cannot enter yards with off-leash dogs.
Same-day power turn-on
If you need to activate electric service right away at a residence that has an existing electric meter, SRP can do this the same day you request it — just by calling (602) 236-8888 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Monday through Friday. Requests must be received by noon to guarantee same-day service.
The one-time fee for same-day service is $70 plus tax, compared to the fee for next-day service, which is $28 plus tax. This fee will appear on your first monthly bill.
Verifying customers’ identification is required to initiate electric service. Please do not submit this form until you have contacted SRP to apply for service. If required, you will find instructions and the SRP Identity Verification Form. We can accept this documentation, which must be notarized, by fax, mail or e-mail.
Search for homes in Scottsdale by clicking here.
Search for homes in DC Ranch by clicking here.
Search for homes in Grayhawk by clicking here.
If you’d like to learn more about DC Ranch or Grayhawk real estate, or have properties emailed to you, please call me directly at 602-620-2277 or click here.